When choosing a kitchen countertop or other surface in the home, savvy shoppers know there are a few factors to consider:
- Is it stain and scratch resistant?
- Is it durable?
- Is there a wide range of color options to coordinate with your design scheme?
- Is it easy to maintain?
- Can it withstand exposure to lemon juice, tea, wine, and other untimely household spills?
While there are several beautiful surface materials that might fit into your vision, they will most likely require extra care. Who has time for that?
Caesarstone quartz surfaces offer a luxurious, nonporous, low maintenance option that allows you to prepare dinner, entertain, and live your everyday life without the worry that goes into maintaining your countertops.
Here are some tips on how to clean your Caesarstone surface and how to keep your kitchen countertop looking new at all times.
1. Take it Easy on Your Surfaces
Because Caesarstone surfaces are hard, nonporous, and stain-resistant, it’s not necessary for you to scrub away at cracks and stains. For everyday, routine cleaning, simply wipe the surface with a damp cloth and warm soapy water, a mild detergent, or a quality spray to maintain its luster. Thoroughly dry with a soft cloth or paper towel. For consistent shine, wipe countertops in a broad circular motion.
- Clean with product
- Rinse with damp paper towel, cloth or sponge
- Dry with paper towel
Unlike marble and granite countertops, Caesarstone surfaces don’t need to be sealed regularly to protect them from stains, mold and mildew.
2. Use Non-Abrasive Household Cleaners
To remove fingerprints, coffee rings and water marks, give your surface a more thorough clean with a non-abrasive household cleaner like Soft Scrub Liquid Gel, a smooth cleansing cream or gentle household bleach. Apply cleaner to damp cloth or sponge, wipe, and dry with paper towel.
If you’re looking to use environmentally-safe cleaners, you can use a combination of 50/50 vinegar and water.
3. Get rid of stubborn stains
Spilled oil, vinegar, soy sauce, curry, turmeric powder, red wine, food coloring, makeup, ink, permanent markers and metal marks from keys are not an issue on your Caesarstone. Gently add a cleanser with oxalic acid to a non-abrasive sponge and wipe. Remember to rinse and wipe dry.
For tougher stains, household alcohol, and a soft cloth will work, or try a small amount of household bleach for lighter-colored surfaces.
- Oil: Olive oil, canola oil, and even machine oils can be removed with a mild degreaser.
- Dry or sticky substances: Scrape off with a plastic putty knife and wipe clean.
- Nail polish: Use a small amount of nail polish remover right away, and clean and dry like normal.
- Blood, candle wax, glue from adhesives, hard water deposits: Apply a mild degreaser on the surface and let sit a few minutes, then wipe with a clean damp cloth. Wipe dry.
4. Be Smart
Caesarstone surfaces are extremely strong and durable, but they are not indestructible. Don’t use abrasive sponges on your surfaces, and avoid using the following directly on your surface:
- Dangerous chemicals and cleaners: Harsh chemicals and cleaners (ex. oven/grill cleaners, toilet cleaners, and dishwasher polishing agents) can irritate the surface and damage the sheen of your countertop. Trichlorethane or methylene chlorides, such as paint removers or strippers, are also chemicals to avoid.
- High heat: Caesarstone quartz is heat resistant; however it’s not recommended that you place extremely hot (above 300°F) pots, pans and oven trays directly on the surface; always use a hot pad or trivet. Surfaces can be damaged by sudden and rapid temperature changes.
- Sharp objects: While food prep can be done directly on your Caesarstone surfaces, avoid using sharp objects and knives without a cutting board as a precaution.
- Can you clean Caesarstone with vinegar? If you’re looking to use environmentally-safe cleaners on your Caesarstone quartz countertops, you can use a combination of 50/50 vinegar and water.
And while disinfecting is not a substitute for cleaning, below are the links for some safe-to-use disinfectants:
To offer customers peace of mind, every Caesarstone surface comes with a lifetime warranty. Be sure to check out all Caesarstone colors here, or create your own Caesarstone space with our Visualizer Tool.