Make Your Home Pop with the Pantone Color of the Year 2019
Every year, the Pantone Color Institute scours the fashion runway, films in production, trending art and design, and more to forecast the hues that will dominate the following year. Partnering with global brands to leverage the power of color psychology, everything from relevant social media platforms, high-coverage sporting events, new technologies, innovative textiles and textures are influential in Pantone’s design strategy. Each December, expert designers anxiously await this crucial announcement as Pantone’s Color of the Year can be integral to product and brand visual identity. Pantone Color of the Year 2018 gave us Ultra Violet, while the year before brought us Greenery. So, what’s in store for 2019?
Pantone Color of the Year 2019 Emerges from Screens Above and Depths Below
Well, the news has dropped. This year’s Pantone Color of the Year is Living Coral (16-456). Technically a “coral hue with a golden undertone,” Living Coral is mellower than red, but a few shades brighter than pink, embodying a sense of warmth, while exuding an energy and playfulness that is both humanizing and heartening in our modern world of cold technology immersion. Further, Pantone’s 2019 hue has environmental impact, drawing attention to our much-threatened subaquatic ecosystem: “Living Coral is evocative of how coral reefs provide shelter to a diverse kaleidoscope of color.”
How Can You Integrate Living Coral into Your Design Scheme?
If you’re wondering about the best way to incorporate coral interior design into your space, Caesarstone is here to help. Pantone’s warm golden-peachy orange is an appealing earthbound shade that welcomes optimism and intimacy, making it applicable to most existing décor color themes. As an accent, Living Coral can bring a bright spot of color to any space. And while bold and vibrant, this shade also radiates the serenity of its underwater origins, making it ideal for painting an entire wall, such as a hallway or in a bathroom. Further embracing the hue of much ado, a coral sofa or oven would be in line with the trending infatuation for statement-making furniture and appliances.
Infusing Surfaces to Enhance Design and Environmental Trends
Caesarstone, the pioneer of engineered quartz surfaces, has been setting standards in innovation, design and craftsmanship for more than 30 years, collaborating with renowned designers and architects, then pushing through boundaries to give our customers the latest, most cutting-edge designs. Made from one of earth’s strongest materials, Caesarstone quartz surface collections are the optimal backdrop for your décor design, providing nonporous, scratch and stain resistant durability that ensures low maintenance and long-lasting luster. And some of our designs are created using up to 42% reclaimed quartz via rigorously scrutinized sustainable practices, further augmenting the eco-friendliness that inspired this year’s Pantone shade, Living Coral.
Caesarstone Surface Inspirations that Mirror or Counter-Balance the Spirit of Living Coral
Caesarstone offers a variety of quartz surface styles, colors and textures that can mesh seamlessly with or boldly offset Pantone’s 2019 Living Coral hue.
- Excava 4046: Inspired by the manufacturing patinas of casting and oxidizing, Excava achieves what no other surface has—blending the authentic features of rust and concrete—resulting in deep auburns, chestnuts and coppers that sweep across an unpolished canvas, to provide a warm but bold, dynamic visual presence that complements a variety of aesthetics.
- Topus Concrete 4023: Complexity in both depth and dimension, Topus Concrete blends rich shades of buttermilk veiling a cream-toned base to create a multi-layered effect that emanates the warmth of Pantone’s shade of the year.
- Airy Concrete 4044: Capturing the essence of the interface between water and air, Airy Concrete’s calm grey base enriched by lively clouds of white and dark grey express depth, both symbolizing and enhancing the characteristics that made Living Coral the color choice of the year.
- Flannel Grey 4643: Versatile and neutral, Flannel Grey features dark grey accents swirling across a soothing medium heather grey base, contrasting boldly with Living Coral to ensure vibrant integration of 2019’s design hue.
- Cloudburst Concrete 4011: With a white on white tonal cloud-like patina, the low-reflective surface of Cloudburst Concrete provides a romantic interpretation of the industrial interior trend, providing a captivating, calming milieu for lively Living Coral.
- Intense White 6001: A mosaic-inspired pattern featuring petite crystallines softly embellishing a bright white base elevated by a lightly textured concrete finish, Intense White brings welcoming light and fresh optimism into an interior space, providing a sophisticated radiance that acts as a perfect foil to colorful Living Coral.
Innovation for Modern Living
Curated for beauty and crafted for life, Caesarstone quartz surfaces combine unparalleled beauty with outstanding performance, ensuring seamless integration of trending designs to make your unique vision a reality. For more inspiration on how to incorporate Living Coral into your space, browse all of our collections as well as our Design Inspiration page.