If anyone knows what they want and need in a kitchen, it’s a chef. From highly-trained culinary masters to budding home cooks, there is a shared hunger for what they want from their kitchen countertops.
They want their prepping surfaces to be durable, versatile, low maintenance, and heat, scratch and stain resistant. They don’t want mold and mildew buildup, and they definitely don’t want weak materials. They want function, and they want beauty.
This is why highly-regarded chefs like Mario Batali, Chef Ludo and Hugh Acheson turn to Caesarstone surfaces in their restaurants and personal kitchens.
Here is a roundup of celebrity chefs who continue to make the decision to elevate their restaurants and home kitchens with Caesarstone surfaces.
Chef Mario Batali
Innovative chef, luxury restauranteur and TV personality Mario Batali outfits his restaurants with Caesarstone for the durable and worry-free nature of quartz surfaces.
“As a chef, I need a work surface that's long-lasting, durable and one that I don't have to worry about staining or scratching. As a restaurateur, I want a countertop that looks beautiful and really wows.”
Batali features Caesarstone in three of his most current culinary projects:
- Del Posto: Mario Batali, Joe Bastianich, Lidia Bastianich and partner/Executive Chef Mark Ladner created NYC’s refined 4-star Del Posto with an ambiance of European luxury in mind. It’s no wonder they chose to add Caesarstone’s 5131 Calacatta Nuvo and 3100 Jet Black as their countertops of choice for the 10th anniversary redesign.
- La Sirena: Inside Chelsea’s legendary Maritime Hotel in NYC, the highly anticipated Italian restaurant La Sirena features an impressive bar with a 38-foot Caesarstone 5141 Frosty Carrina Batali and co-owner, Joe Bastianich, also clad the walls in Caesarstone quartz.
- Via Alta Studio: Caesarstone surfaces also grace the set of Mario Batali’s production studio in NYC where he, along with other famed chef personalities, whip up innovative culinary creations in their state-of-the-art test kitchen. Because of the nature of the space, it was imperative the countertops be of the highest quality, functional, durable, versatile and camera-ready, while not compromising sophistication.
Chef Ludo Lefebvre
International chef and beloved restauranteur Chef Ludo is currently busy revolutionizing the culinary industry. Early in his career, he was awarded the much-coveted Mobile Travel Guide Five Star Award at two Los Angeles restaurants, L’Oranterie and Bastide.
The French-trained chef’s own restaurant, Trios Mec, was called out by Esquire and GQ magazines as one of the Best New Restaurants in the country, and his new “Bar a la carte” concept, Petit Trois, has garnered similar praise.
So what does this award-winning chef, author and television personality use in his own personal kitchen? He chooses Caesarstone to provide stylish, functional surfaces. By using a combination of 4600 Organic White, 2141 Blizzard and 5131 Calacatta Nuvo, he adds visual variance. The delicate marble-like veining adds depth and elevates the sophistication of his home prepping surface.
Chef Hugh Acheson
Chef Hugh Acheson’s love for food comes from three principles: simple, sure and disciplined. In his several beloved restaurants in Georgia, Acheson “forges the beauty of the South with the flavors of Europe.”
This author, television personality and chef is a downhome guy who loves his family and knows the way around his kitchen.
In 2011, Acheson authored ‘A New Turn in the South: Southern Flavors Reinvented for Your Kitchen,’ which won the 2012 James Beard Foundation award for Best Cookbook in American Cooking. He co-wrote ‘Pick a Pickle: 50 recipes for Pickles, Relishes and Fermented Snacks,’ and he is a returning judge on television’s popular, Top Chef.
Chef Acheson’s restaurants:
- 5&10 - Athens
- The National - Atlanta
- Empire State South – Atlanta
- The Florence – Savannah
- Spiller Park Coffee – Atlanta
Acheson partnered with Caesarstone to represent the luxury quartz manufacturer at the 2017 Kitchen and Bath Industry Show (KBIS).
Chef Michael Schlow
Specializing in a variety of global cuisine and techniques, Chef Michael Schlow is a well-known and respected chef with restaurants from LA to DC. You might recognize him from several television appearances on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, The Food Network, Top Chef Masters, The Today Show and more.
Schlow is a James Beard Award winner and his restaurants have been touted as the best by Food & Wine, Conde Nast Traveler and Esquire.
Chef Schlow’s restaurants:
- Cavatina – Los Angeles
- Doretta Taverna & Raw Bar – Boston
- Tico Boston – Boston
- Alta Strada Wellesley – Wellesley, MA
- Alta Strada Foxwoods – Mashantucket, CT
- The Riggsby – Washington DC
- Conosci – Washington DC
- Casolare Ristorante & Bar – Washington DC
Chef Andrew Wiseheart
Co-owner and executive chef of Contigo, an Austin restaurant modeled after the Texas ranch of the same name, Andrew Wiseheart prefers sitting outside and drinking beer over a sipping on a martini in a boojie lounge. He and his co-owner, Ben Edgerton, serve patrons with the freshest farm-to-table, quality bar food, with a smile.The fact that these kitchen masters choose Caesarstone’s stunning, yet functional, quartz surfaces just goes to show there is a place for them in both professional and personal kitchens